Google Docs is Google’s cloud-based word processing solution. Google Docs provides various features such as Word Count in Google Docs, Background Images and so on.
Despite its numerous advantages, Docs has one disadvantage: it has a somewhat limited feature set. Unlike Microsoft Word, which has a massive feature set, Google Docs concentrates on performing a few fundamental things effectively.
This is more than enough for 99 percent of users 99 percent of the time. We sometimes rely on workarounds to achieve our document objectives.
If you want to be creative with both text and graphics, you may practice and improve your skills by utilizing all of Google Docs’ features and capabilities.
Are you curious about the number of, characters, pages or Word Count in the Google Docs documents? That is exactly what the Google Docs word count function informs you. Let’s take a deeper look at how to check word count in Google Docs. In this article, we are going to learn about how to check word count in Google Docs.
The word and character count for a complete document or a specific portion may be displayed in Google Docs. Word count is one method of determining the length of a document. Many professional marketing or product papers, for example, are between 2,500 and 6,000 words long.
The length of a blog post varies, but it usually falls between 400 and 1,700 words. For conferences, workshop descriptions and speaker bios are sometimes limited to 100 (or so) words.
In your browser or in the Google Docs apps for Android and iOS, you can get the word count for a full Google Doc or for a specific part of the text.
Google Docs on the desktop
The word count may be viewed in Google Docs on the desktop through a menu item and a keyboard shortcut.
Here’s how you can include both of these techniques in your paper. We’ll teach you how to calculate the word count for both your complete text and a specific selection.
1. Get the total number of words in your Google Docs document.
In Google Docs, you can quickly calculate the total word count in google docs with only a few clicks.
- On the web, open your document in Google Docs.
- Select Word count from the Tools option at the top. In Windows, press Ctrl + Shift + C, and in macOS, press Command + Shift + C.
- The word count for your work shows in a window. It displays the total amount of words, pages, and characters in your document.
- To exit the dialogue box, click OK.
2. In Google Docs, get the word count for a selected text.
You may use the same procedure to discover the word count for a paragraph, a sentence, or any other chosen text in Google Docs.
- Using your mouse or keyboard selection keys, pick the text for which you wish to get the word count.
- Select Word count from the Tools option at the top.
- The new window displays X of Y words, where X is the number of word count in google docs in your selected text and Y is the total amount of words in your document.
3. On-Screen Word Count to Google Docs
A real-time word counter is available in Google Docs to add to your document editing screen. You won’t have to access the Tools menu every time you want to view the word count in google docs if you have this tracker activated.
In Google Docs, here’s how to turn on the on-screen word counter:
- Select Word count from the Tools option at the top.
- Check the box that says “Display word count while typing.”
- The word count in Google Docs is displayed in the lower-left corner.
Remember that the word count displays just in this text. For every other document you create or update, you must activate it.
Google Docs word count on mobile
- Tap the Google Docs app icon on your phone’s home screen to launch it.
- Tap on the document you want to edit or create a new one by hitting the Plus button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- While the document is open, press the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Select Word Count.
- Tap on the left-facing caret to the left of the Word count to depart.
What method do you use to check the Ctrl word count?
Select the word count in the status bar or press Ctrl + Shift + C on your keyboard to launch the Word Count dialogue box. The Number of Pages, Words, Characters with and without Spaces, Paragraphs, and Lines dialogue box displays the number of pages, words, characters with and without spaces, paragraphs, and lines in your project.
How can you verify the number of words in Google Chrome?
Select text on a webpage, right-click (or Ctrl+click on a Mac), and choose ‘Count words.’
Why isn’t my Google Docs word count showing?
While editing a document, go to the menu bar and pick “Word count.” On the screen, a menu with word count data will appear. Select “Display word count while typing” from the drop-down menu. In the lower-left corner of the document, Google Docs will show a live word count box.
What is the word count shortcut in Word?
Using a keyboard shortcut to check the word count
By hitting Ctrl + Shift + C, you may also bring up the Word Count dialogue box.
Google Docs is a popular tool since it is free, allows for real-time collaboration, includes an auto-saving feature so you don’t lose your work, and even allows you to work offline.
Actually, there are a few various methods to launch the word counter depending on whether you’re using a Mac or PC, a desktop, tablet, or smartphone.
If you have any queries related to this topic ” How to Word Count in Google Docs” feel free to ask in the comment section. We are here to assist you.
Thank you !!
See how to add background images in Google Docs for other methods to assist your reader.